Included above is an internet find of a failed school test that tickled my funny bone and deserved a quick re-do as a free PDF download for the amusement of other teachers looking to teach their students a bit of preparedness.
Use it on your grade to high school students; the PDF is under 30K, has no branding or small print and is spell-checked for those extra-attentive students. Of course, the abused test at the top of this post is the real winner, having made it to the bottom without reading first!
Below, the HTML styled version of the same test, for the search engines and curious internet folk. You probably want to download the PDF file...
Three Minute Test:
- Read everything before you do anything.
- Put your name in the upper right hand corner of this page.
- Circle the word ‘name’ in sentence two.
- Draw five small squares in the top right-hand corner under your name.
- Put an X in each square you have drawn.
- Put a circle around each square.
- Sign your name under the title of this page.
- After the title, write ‘yes yes yes’.
- Underline sentences number seven and eight.
- Put an X in the lower-left corner of this page.
- Draw a triangle around the X you have just made.
- On the back of this page, multiply seventy by thirty.
- Draw a circle around the word ‘top’ in sentence four.
- Loudly call out your first name when you reach this point in the test.
- If you think you have carefully followed these directions, tell a partner ‘I have carefully followed the directions’.
- On the reverse side of this paper, add 107 and 278.
- Count out in your normal speaking voice from one to ten.
- If you are the first person to get this far, write your name on the board.
- Punch three small holes in your paper with your pencil here.
- Now that you have finished reading carefully, do only numbers one and two.
Just Added: College Edition - Final Answer!